Thursday 27 February 2014

A Rough Winter

I posted on here before about how difficult it is to get around during the winter time. For 3 months, or sometimes more, I am stuck within my house or school setting. It's frustrating, because sometimes no matter what I do to prepare, the weather seems to just hang on for dear life. It's safe to say that the winter we've had this here has overstayed its welcome. I usually don't like to share the poetry that I have written, but during the winter wrote a piece encapsulating the feelings that winter sometimes causes me. So here it is:

Silence

Darkness falls, a city sleeps
Wide awake, my mind, it shrieks
Seeking escape from a frozen cage
That seems an eternal ice age

Rain has fallen, turned to ice
Now, mind and body pay the price
Prematurely plagued by "disease"
No match against this deep-freeze

A simple task becomes a chore
Daily life, an all-out war
Snow, not Earth's blanket, beautiful and bold
But rather my straight-jacket, ensnaring and cold

Isolation is my enemy
Socialization a scarce commodity
Hatred burns, as my heart yearns for sun
Release me! Icy hell, be done

Sleep, like spring so far away
My frozen being shan't thaw today
Winter, cease your grip of violence
Mind, regain some peaceful silence

I wrote this at beginning of December, when knew it was going to get pretty bad… But I know you can see it still works very well for the current weather we are having

Karli

No comments:

Post a Comment