Wednesday 28 May 2014

An Alternate Reaction

Sometimes, I get really frustrated, because people that are well aware of the lifestyle I have to live insist on putting their two cents in about something that they know I cannot control… The latest concern was that I do not drink enough. It was particularly frustrating to hear, because the person who made the statement should know that not only am I  busy with school, but I only get help at certain times of the day. Sometimes when I know I have a large gap between, I will limit my liquid intake in order to be able to wait comfortably. 

My original reaction to this issue, was to express my wish for people to imagine walking in my shoes. However, upon cooling down, I realize how many people help to outweigh this one situation. I have many friends and family members who are willing to help make sure that I have a good night out when my stresses are building up. They make sure I have a cab home, and a safe way into bed. Those same people, often know my stresses before I do myself, and are there when the weight gets too heavy, to hold my hand or give me a hug when I need it. They may not fully understand the things I have to deal with or handle on a day-to-day basis, but they should make it easier. So instead of getting angry at the one person that doesn't understand, I thank all the ones that put in a valiant effort.

Karli


No comments:

Post a Comment