Friday 23 May 2014

In This Week's Issue of Trivial News…


I've had some really rewarding conversation this week, on varying subjects. On Tuesday, I met up with my friend Bilal and I shared with him my idea of writing a guidebook for the newly disabled; not necessarily telling them how to live their lives, but providing prospectives for the different situations that may arise. It was nice to get some positive feedback, and hear that my idea is not a crazy one. I have an overall love for raising awareness, that I hope to use and perfect in career.

Just a day later I was forced to think outside the box, in a simple conversation with my friend Nicole. We were talking about how our friend James (who was also with us) had come across a man on the street, who was resourceful enough my to feign distress to attract people's attention and ask for change.  I chimed in that I would not be comfortable giving somebody change, and if I had to give them anything, I would prefer to buy them lunch. My reasoning behind this was that I would not feel comfortable knowing that I could  be potentially responsible for someone doing harm to themselves by allowing them to have the money for drugs or another harmful substance.  The conversation pretty much ended, with the idea that there are different ways to look at such a situation. The ending was much more eloquent, but I cannot do it such justice in this blog. 
 
It may seem like I'm  rambling on, but at the tail end of this week, I have seen so much news on the Kardashian wedding approaching, and what Tupac's last words were to a cop on the scene of his 1996 murder. After the two very rewarding and enlightening conversations I had this week, this is a very disheartening fact. It seems that society is so ready to swallow trivial information, and remains in denial about many serious issues that deserve society's full attention.

Karli

3 comments:

  1. Kardashians? Not important at all. Tupac's final words? More important to people than one would think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i might agree, if they weren't the most commonly uttered words regarding the police.... I do agree that the police can abuse their powers... But Tupac saying "Fuck you" seems useless to know 18 years later... It's almost like exhuming him from the grave just for the hell of it

    ReplyDelete



  3. Tupac's final words are still very relevant today, there's no doubt about that, but society should focus on the present"fuck you "constantly happening around the world, instead of rehashing one that is 18 years old


    .
    ...




    ReplyDelete