Monday 19 May 2014

Just Roll with it!

I haven't been keeping up with this blog as much as I would like to. The truth is, the first week of summer threw me a sort of curveball. Around the time everybody was getting the grades back, and announcing that they would successfully graduate from Western in June, or even just basically a very successful year, I found out that I failed a course. At first, I was really fearful and ashamed, because I thought my parents were really excited about the fact that I was supposed to be graduating in June. I myself did not panic about the failure, because I knew that in regards to this year I bit off way more than I could chew, and I knew what I had to do to amend the situation.  It turned out that I had nothing to be worried about, because in reality it was only one course, and the disappointment I thought my parents would feel was just something I had imagined. It worked out for the better, because due to the nature of their work, my parents would have had a hard time getting time off for the June graduation anyway.

The first week of summer for me, highlighted that sometimes although there are setbacks, the only thing left to do is  "roll with it". The thing  I was looking forward to most this summer, was the fact that for the first time in three years I would not have to take a summer course, and evidently that has changed. However, I know it's for the better, because I am truly enjoying the course, and doing better than I would be if I was juggling it as well as three other courses. The summer that I feared was going down the drain just as soon as it started, has truly been a liberating one. Although I have class, I have also been able to arrange baking days, lunch dates, drinks, and even getting my nose pieced with some good friends! I find that there is too much of an emphasis on what other people think, when it comes to our lives… So from now on, I'm just going to roll with it,


Karli


No comments:

Post a Comment