Wednesday 2 January 2013

2012 In Refection

The most important thing I learned in 2012 was that sometimes before you help others, you have to help yourself. Sometimes, that means doing something that seems right to nobody else but yourself. I met so many people, that taught me so many great things! My all-time favorite experience of 2012 was sophing! From it, opened so many different opportunities and so many life lasting friendships! I never expected that I would meet people from all corners of the world, and for that I feel truly blessed, because it brought a perspective that I think everyone needs in their life! 2012 brought me out of my shell, because I was able to introduce my sometimes self-deprecating sense of humour, though I had shared before, I felt more comfortable to express myself with the people around me. I felt even better when I found my friend Diego who shares the same sense of humor and kind pretty much is the fuel to my fire. 2012 showed me that acceptance and kindness exist even though, sometimes they seem sparse, family doesn't always have to be tied by blood, and that figuring your self out has no deadline. No challenge comes without a lesson and solution.

For 2013, my hope is that I can rise to every challenge met, and follow through with the choices I make. I will try to take every chance that is given to me, even though in some cases it might appear to be very uncomfortable. In fact, one of my goals is to actually attempt a comedy open mic night! Nothing, besides writing gives me more joy than to make others laugh, even if it is at my own expense. I am also very pleased that I will be starting the new year off right, with a cancer relay for life! There is little better in life, then helping others, and I'm glad to be doing so among the friends I met this year! Thank you to everyone who made 2012 memorable, and here's to a happy 2013! :-)

Karli













No comments:

Post a Comment