Saturday 22 November 2014

This is the Best

Music keeps me afloat, just as much as my writing does. The right song can pump me up or mellow me out, and the right band can hold relevance forever. I like a little bit of everything, but especially the home-grown stuff including Billy Talent, LIGHTS, and more. Odds are I will never meet Billy Talent, but I will keep dreaming.

Last night, I saw one of my longtime favourites USS, or Ubiquitous Synergy Seeker. It's hard to put a name to their sound, but I've been to a show every year since 2009, and have never been disappointed.  The best part about them is not only their music, but also the kindness they show towards fans. Every time I go to a show, I've gotten a hug, or a chance to sing along. Nothing beats being remembered an recognized by a band that I love!



No comments:

Post a Comment