Friday 11 November 2011

Freedom is a Wonderful Thing…

Today I give thanks to the many soldiers who sacrificed their lives for our freedom. I can only imagine what it would be like if we had lost, and am very glad it is not reality…

Today I think of two people from the past and present. The first I barely knew, was my Great Grandpa Gord. He was a tank driver in WWII. I wish that I had been old enough to extract details and stories from him, so I could do him more justice as I mention him here. I also think of my cousin David Steen, who I mentioned in my last post. He is like the big brother I never had, and though he's only in training, it worries me where he'll end up in the future. Like I said in the previous post, I support him no matter what!

When it comes to Remembrance Day, there is one thing I have noticed. Women heroes are under-represented! You rarely hear stories about the women pilots, nurses, and as a whole the mothers who leave their children in the hopes of attaining a better future. Freedom is a wonderful is a wonderful thing and thanks should be given equally to both the men and women who fought, and continue to fight for our freedom!

Thank You! <3


Karli

No comments:

Post a Comment