Thursday 19 January 2012

Craving Adventure

So many of my friends are currently on great adventures, and I can't help but feel jealous.  With one friend in Sweden, and many other friends planning tropical getaways for reading week, I have a strong longing for my own adventure.  I feel like I've turned into a zombie.  Wake up, go to school, come home, eat, do homework, shower, sleep, and repeat.  My weekends aren’t much better, alternating between parents houses when I don't have a school obligation or in an insane amount of work.  I do hang out with friends as well, but even the activities I do with them seem repetitive, they come over, play video games, watching movies, talk, and eat food.  I love school, my friends, and my family, but I'm in serious need of something new.

It doesn't have to be a tropical getaway, because logistically that's hard to plan for.  A tropical getaway would be easier if I went with my parents, but I’d love to go somewhere with friends, and friends alone.  That's why I was thinking of a weekend of sightseeing in places like Ottawa or New York. The only problem with that is, I always feel bad when I ask my friends for help. London IS the City of Opportunity, if you’re looking to turn into a lifeless zombie. I need to be more, see more, DO more... I gotta get outta here!



Craving Adventure,



Karli

No comments:

Post a Comment