Sunday 22 January 2012

Forever Young

Yesterday I went to celebrate my friend Dominique's 20th birthday at Winks. Of course she had already done a fair amount of pre-drinking beforehand so by the time I got there, she was already pretty far gone.  I didn't mind at all, because that's to be expected on your 20th birthday, and it was a free source of entertainment.  I laughed when she wrapped her arms around me, and started wailing...

I DON'T WAAAAANNNNNAAAAAA BEEEEEEEEEEE 20!



It was a very funny sight to see, but it reminded me of my own fear of growing up.  Responsibility seems to jump on you when you least expect it, and sooner or later you have no choice but to grow into adulthood.  So far, on my journey I have had many ups and downs, and I assume there will be many more.  However, if I continue to meet people like my friends at King's, adulthood will only get better.  There may be increased responsibilities, and increased stress levels but I know I'm not alone.  No matter how old I get, and no matter how busy life makes me, a part of my heart will always remember the memories I am making today.

                 

Forever Young,



Karli




No comments:

Post a Comment