Monday 13 February 2012

10 Year Old Tricks

On Thursday I had an unexpected accident. I was cleaning my couch off so my friend Amber could sit comfortably when she came to visit. So I won't in my room to put away laundry that was on the couch, and as I was coming out of my room my chair got stuck in push mode! I though my workers would clue in that there was trouble, but no such luck!

I called for help for a long time until my voice was gone. In retrospect it was pointless because the walls are pretty much soundproof. So I spent another while convincing myself to slide out of my chair using my childhood tricks.. This was a huge risk for me because my 21 year old body is significantly less active and my mind much less brave than my 10 year old self once was. Once I collected myself and was sure I wouldn't throw up all my innards, I wormed my way to a phone jack and pulled the phone off my bed. I finally got help, and I am
Lucky to only have gotten a few scratches and a bruised tailbone; which I hope is quick to mend.

I'm glad I remembered my ten year old tricks, because not only did they save me, but they showed me I still have a sliver of strength that I thought was forever gone…

Karli

No comments:

Post a Comment