Monday 6 February 2012

Everything but Football

I don't think I've ever had more informative conversations than the ones I had last night. I felt like I was in the VIP seating, because I was surrounded by a great group of people. I met Adam Fearnall a USC presidential candidate, who even when he had every right to enjoy the game, took the time to help me understand his platform. Facebook has been bombarding us with countless videos and posters, and it was nice of Adam to help me make sense of it all.

I have been really nervous since I applied for the Soph team, but after talking with Adam I won't feel doomed if I don't make it (though I still have everything crossed that I do). I don't have to be among the council or the Soph team to make a difference. I just have to be myself, and keep fighting for what I believe in. So that means I will keep fighting for disability awareness and rights like I have for many years already. I gather from this weekend that I will have many friends willing to help me do so…

I really did have fun last night discussing everything BUT football,

Karli

No comments:

Post a Comment