Tuesday 7 February 2012

"Brain Tired"

Today I was bombarded with advice on what I should do to enhance my chances of getting into journalism. I was advised to take two majors, and attempt to push for honours as well. So I reconfirmed my original English major, and added a major in Women's Studies.

Coming to that decision was actually quite confusing though. I felt like I was dealing with a car salesperson, except they were trying to up sell my degree to a specialization which forces you into 9 certain courses and doesn't leave any room for electives. It was lucky enough I was convinced to take on another major! The only reason I'm giving honours a go is because if my grades don't make the cut, I can be transferred into a basic major.

Once that was over, I had 2 hours of poetry analysis. Today's class was relatively interesting, in the sense that I didn't feel drowsy after the first hour . But I have to admit, after the earlier information overload I wasn't all there. It was one of those days you wish everybody would speak simple words.

It's much easier to be simply tired than "brain tired",

Karli

No comments:

Post a Comment